Proceeds from the VIVA HEALTH GALA benefit the Abroms-Engel Institute for the Visual Arts, Alys Stephens Center,
ArtPlay Community Art Education and UAB Arts in Medicine.
These arts organizations serve the Birmingham community, and beyond, with engaging and meaningful art experiences.
2022 VIVA HEALTH GALA CO-CHAIRS
Courtney & Bryson Stephens
Bryson and I are honored to chair the Alys Stephens Center’s 25th Anniversary Season Committee and the 2022 VIVA Health Gala benefiting UAB Arts. It means a great deal to both of us that the vision of Bryson’s grandparents has continued to not just survive, but to thrive. It has led UAB, along with the city of Birmingham, in building the amazing performing and visual arts organization that is UAB Arts. We both believe that the arts contribute greatly to the cultural diversity and attractiveness of Birmingham and have enjoyed seeing the part that the Alys Stephens Center has played over the years.
Beyond that, we love the stories that have been shared with us about families enjoying the center through multiple generations. From hearing how a performance’s impact led a child into an artistic profession, to learning about how UAB Arts in Medicine aids patient recovery, and how ArtPlay gives children from all over our city access to something special. As parents, we have been impacted by our children seeing what the vision of their great-grandparents brings to their generation to enjoy and to learn from. All of this means a great deal to us. We are humbled that so many love AEIVA, ArtPlay, Arts in Medicine, and the ASC. We are grateful to everyone who has supported the Alys Stephens Center and now UAB Arts for the past 25 years. We look forward to the next 25 years and to seeing you all at the gala.
- Ticket price*: $150 (Note: Following current safety protocols, space will be provided between groups. Subject to change.)
- Seating for this fundraiser will be assigned closer to the event, will be determined by current UAB safety protocols, order of purchase and/or sponsorship.
- Following current UAB safety protocols, the maximum number of seated patrons per group is 4. However, you may purchase multiple groups to be seated separately.
- A portion of each ticket is considered a gift to UAB Arts.
- More details will be mailed to you in early April. An electronic ticket will be sent to you prior to the performance.
*Tickets valid for performance date and time only. No refunds. Exchanges subject to availability. Late seating at the discretion of house management. All performances are subject to change.