ArtPlay Parlor Series feat. Young Concert Artists Omer Quartet
Mason Yu and Erica Tursi, violins
Jinsun Hong, viola
Alex Cox, cello
Distinctive among today’s young string quartets, the Omer Quartet won First Prize in the 2017 Young Concert Artists International Auditions, and holds the Helen F. Whitaker Chamber Music Chair of YCA. At the Young Concert Artists Auditions, the Omer Quartet received four special Performance Prizes: the Tri-I Noon Recitals Prize in New York at Rockefeller University, the Tryon (NC) Concert Association Prize, the Buffalo Chamber Music Society Prize, and the Hayden’s Ferry Chamber Music Series Prize. The Quartet has performed with internationally renowned artists and is committed to community engagement. The Quartet devotes time to creating original and interactive programs. The Quartet is also currently the Doctoral Fellowship String Quartet-in-Residence at the University of Maryland.
- Ticket prices: $37, $10 student tickets
- Doors open at 6p with cash bar
- Tickets valid for performance date and time only.
- No refunds. Exchanges subject to availability.
- Late seating at discretion of house management.
- All performances are subject to change.
- ArtPlay Parking Information
- Please do not park in the lot behind the ArtPlay building. You may be towed at your expense if you do.
- After 3 PM and on weekends, UAB Student Lot 15Y (the gravel lot) is for ArtPlay patrons at the corner of 10th Avenue South and 19th Street. Additional metered parking is available on 10th Avenue South.
- Please do not park or drop off in the Alabama Ophthalmology parking lot, as you may be towed. There is a paid public parking lot across the street from the ArtPlay house. You will be booted if you use this lot and do not pay for your space.
- ArtPlay highly encourages you to use either UAB Lot 15Y, UAB Parking Deck or metered parking.
Are you ready for Halloween fun for the whole family? Get spooky with us at the ArtPlay house on Saturday, October 30 from 1 – 3p! We’ll...
UAB Institute for Arts in Medicine PresentsRaising Our Voices: Stories of Cancer told through Movement, Music + Voice
UAB Institute for Arts in Medicine and critically acclaimed Stuart Pimsler Dance Theater, a Minneapolis-based performing arts company, will present their National Endowment for the Arts project, “Raising...
Free chamber music performed by some of Alabama’s top musicians and thoughtfully curated in response to artworks currently on display in AEIVA’s current exhibition, Marking Time: Art in...
See All Events