ASC JPats ARTasting: Halloween Spirits
Join the UAB’s Alys Stephens Center JPats for our first ARTasting of the season. Explore the best in art, food, music, and drink while getting into the Halloween spirit! Costumes encouraged, but not required.
The Halloween Spirits ARTasting experience will include:
- Live Entertainment by DJ Mark A.D.
- Wine and cocktail samplings with International Wines and Cathead Vodka
- A savory spread by Tre’ Luna and pizza from Post Office Pies
- Spooky Caricatures
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Screening of Edward Scissorhands
- EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Dilcy Windham Hilley, daughter of Kathryn Tucker Windham, who wrote the beloved book 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey
- Halloween Stories by AIM Artist in Residence
- “Ring Bling” by Avani Rupa Jewelers
Mary Frances Whitfield: Why? is a collaborative exhibition between the Abroms- Engel Institute for the Visual Arts at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.
Philadelphia-based artist Quentin Morris uses a variety of mediums to explore issues surrounding identity, race, spirituality, and cultural mythologies. What’s most interesting about this work is that for...
Christina West is an Associate Professor of Art at Georgia State University. West creates immersive sculptural installations that utilizes figurative sculptures and the alteration of space to create...
See All Events