ASC JPats ARTasting: Halloween Spirits
Join the UAB’s Alys Stephens Center JPats for our first ARTasting of the season. Explore the best in art, food, music, and drink while getting into the Halloween spirit! Costumes encouraged, but not required.
The Halloween Spirits ARTasting experience will include:
- Live Entertainment by DJ Mark A.D.
- Wine and cocktail samplings with International Wines and Cathead Vodka
- A savory spread by Tre’ Luna and pizza from Post Office Pies
- Spooky Caricatures
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Screening of Edward Scissorhands
- EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Dilcy Windham Hilley, daughter of Kathryn Tucker Windham, who wrote the beloved book 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey
- Halloween Stories by AIM Artist in Residence
- “Ring Bling” by Avani Rupa Jewelers
EMERGE FEST // Opener Free Event Tank and The Bangas were formed in 2011 at an open mic set in New Orleans, centered at a shot gun...
Mary Frances Whitfield: Why? is a collaborative exhibition between the Abroms- Engel Institute for the Visual Arts at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute.
Hank Willis Thomas’ 2005–08 series Unbranded: Reflections in Black by Corporate America 1968-2008 decontextualizes advertising images targeted toward African-American audiences in print magazines including Ebony and Jet. For this series,
See All Events