An Evening with Chris Thile
Multiple Grammy award winner and MacArthur Fellow Chris Thile, a member of Punch Brothers and Nickel Creek, and now the host of Live from Here, is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist. With his broad outlook that encompasses classical, rock, jazz, and bluegrass, Thile transcends the borders of conventionally circumscribed genres, creating a distinctly American canon and a new musical aesthetic for performers and audiences alike.
Join us one hour before the performance for a conversation between Birmingham musician and entrepreneur, Duquette Johnston, and ASC’s Director of Engagement, Amy Miller. They will talk about music and the arts as powerful tools for self-expression and community engagement, and the importance of supporting local and emerging artists.
- Ticket prices: $58, $48, $38, $10 student tickets
- ASC Members receive $10 off single tickets (limit 2)
- UAB Family receives $15 off single tickets (limit 2)
- Tickets valid for performance date and time only.
- No refunds. Exchanges subject to availability.
- Late seating at discretion of house management.
- All performances are subject to change.
The Aeolians of Oakwood University was originally organized in 1946 by the late Dr. Eva B. Dykes. Since its inception, the choir has traveled widely, touching the hearts...
Nathan Lee, who lives just outside Seattle, Washington, began playing the piano at the age of 6 and made his orchestral debut at the age of 9. At...
NEA Jazz Master and Grammy award-winning producer Delfeayo Marsalis has garnered a reputation for presenting first- class shows that seamlessly combine a high level of musicianship and entertainment...
See All Events