An Evening with Chris Thile
Multiple Grammy award winner and MacArthur Fellow Chris Thile, a member of Punch Brothers and Nickel Creek, and now the host of Live from Here, is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist. With his broad outlook that encompasses classical, rock, jazz, and bluegrass, Thile transcends the borders of conventionally circumscribed genres, creating a distinctly American canon and a new musical aesthetic for performers and audiences alike.
Join us one hour before the performance for a conversation between Birmingham musician and entrepreneur, Duquette Johnston, and ASC’s Director of Engagement, Amy Miller. They will talk about music and the arts as powerful tools for self-expression and community engagement, and the importance of supporting local and emerging artists.
- Ticket prices: $58, $48, $38, $10 student tickets
- ASC Members receive $10 off single tickets (limit 2)
- UAB Family receives $15 off single tickets (limit 2)
- Tickets valid for performance date and time only.
- No refunds. Exchanges subject to availability.
- Late seating at discretion of house management.
- All performances are subject to change.
The UAB Computer Music Ensemble is an advanced music technology performance group. Led by Matthew Bryant, the members of the ensemble compose and perform computerized, computer assisted, and electro-acoustic...
Featuring UAB Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, conducted by Dr. Brian Kittredge. Featured on the program will be guest artists Dr. Emily Jaworski, Assistant Professor of Voice,
Under the direction of Dr. Steve Roberts, the UAB Jazz Ensemble is made up of a select group of students chosen by audition at the University of Alabama...
See All Events