An Evening with Chris Thile
Multiple Grammy award winner and MacArthur Fellow Chris Thile, a member of Punch Brothers and Nickel Creek, and now the host of Live from Here, is a mandolin virtuoso, composer and vocalist. With his broad outlook that encompasses classical, rock, jazz, and bluegrass, Thile transcends the borders of conventionally circumscribed genres, creating a distinctly American canon and a new musical aesthetic for performers and audiences alike.
Join us one hour before the performance for a conversation between Birmingham musician and entrepreneur, Duquette Johnston, and ASC’s Director of Engagement, Amy Miller. They will talk about music and the arts as powerful tools for self-expression and community engagement, and the importance of supporting local and emerging artists.
- Ticket prices: $58, $48, $38, $10 student tickets
- ASC Members receive $10 off single tickets (limit 2)
- UAB Family receives $15 off single tickets (limit 2)
- Tickets valid for performance date and time only.
- No refunds. Exchanges subject to availability.
- Late seating at discretion of house management.
- All performances are subject to change.
As an artist who needs no introduction, Brian McKnight has gained international and domestic recognition, earning himself a spot in contemporary music history. He has released 19 albums...
It all took off for Keb’ Mo’ in 1994 with the self-titled release under his newly coined Keb’ Mo’ moniker, and over the years, he has proved that he is a musical...
Mason Yu and Erica Tursi, violins Jinsun Hong, viola Alex Cox, cello Distinctive among today’s young string quartets, the Omer Quartet won First Prize in the 2017 Young Concert...
See All Events