Alys Stephens Center (ASC)
In September 1996, the Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center was founded on the campus of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) as a lasting tribute to the late Mrs. Alys Robinson Stephens, a lifelong patron of the arts and a well-known and beloved member of the Birmingham community. The Center became the home of the Alabama Symphony Orchestra as well as UAB’s Department of Music and Department of Theatre. The Alys Stephens Center quickly became the center for entertainment and arts education in Birmingham and central Alabama and has established itself as the premier center for arts and education in the area with more than 100,000 visitors annually.
You Can Make a Difference
Help the Alys Stephens Center ………
- Street parking, UAB Zone F lots and XXLOT15DXX located behind AEIVA are available.
- Weekday parking varies based on the event. Nights and weekends, park in UAB Zone B lots and the parking deck on the corner of University Boulevard and 12th Street South.
- Accessible spaces are in XXLOT15DXX and the lower circle.
- Patron drop-off areas are in upper and lower circles.
- The gated lot adjacent to the ASC is for Arts Circle level and above members and corporate sponsors.